**This contest is now closed. Stay tuned for future contests.**
Would you like to win medicinal oil, an awesome coconut balm, facial oil made with rose hip seed oil, dried herbs and more?!
I am running a really fun contest looking for the best autumn skin care recipe and it is really easy to enter! All entries will be published regardless of if you are chosen as one of the winners.
There are 2 prizes to be won: one for the “best” recipe and one as a random pick!
The theme is autumn, so think about what that provokes for you, how your skin behaves and what it needs as you contemplate which unique recipe to submit. And of course, the recipe must be totally natural.
What About the Prizes?
Prize #1 for Best Recipe
- 1 ounce facial oil. Ingredients: sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, rose hip seed oil, and essential oils of lavender, sandalwood and carrot seed
- 4 ounces of Lavender and Sage Skin Toner. Ingredients: witch hazel extract infused with lavender, sage and thyme, lavender hydrosol, aloe vera gel, lavender essential oil, lavender flower essence and glycerin
- 1 ounce (weight) of organic lavender flowers (Lavendula spp.)
- 1 ounce (weight) of organic calendula flowers (Calendula officinalis)
- 1 ounce (weight) of organic rose petals (Rosa damascena)
Prize #2 for Random Draw
- 2 ounces each of plantain, calendula and comfrey oils. These herbal oils were all made with an extra virgin olive oil base.
- 1.7 ounce of coconut balm. Ingredients: extra virgin olive oil infused with comfrey leaf, calendula flower, plantain leaf, coconut oil, and beeswax.
- 1 ounce (weight) of organic yarrow leaf and flower (Achillea millefolium)
- 1 ounce (weight) of organic calendula flower (Calendula officinalis)
- 1 ounce (weight) of organic elder flower (Sambucus nigra)
Start date: 8/18/12
End date: 9/22/12 at 2:02 pm
Minimum words for entry: 300
Maximum words for entry: 500
Video: if you have a YouTube video, it can be embedded in the content area
Be sure to include the following in your submission: ingredients and directions for the recipe, description of ingredients and why they were chosen, including uses, folklore, personal experiences, and/or seasonal appropriateness.
All recipes need to be totally natural only please- if you have questions about this just ask!
Judging and prize selection will be done by me, Michelle Czolba, owner of Wildly Natural Skin Care, based on the criteria listed for entries and a random draw using recipe title.
Winners will be notified via email and the prize will be shipped once the winner responds with a mailing address on the following business day. Winners will also be announced on social media venues including Facebook and Twitter.
Limit of 1 prize per contestant.
Be Sure to Submit Your Email Address
It is paramount that you submit your email address. Failure to submit email address will forfeit chance of winning. To do this, make sure you set the “notification option” after you’ve submitted your recipe by checking the box “check to notify me when my contribution has been accepted”, then type in your email address and submit.